1. How to participate The auction will be held on December 12, 2022, starting at 11:00 am CET at the Bertolami Fine Art headquarters in Piazza Lovatelli, 1 – Rome. The following methods of participation are available: in person, by telephone, online upon registration on our website www.bertolamifineart.com, or on our partner portals (see list below), by a written absentee bid to be received by 8:00 am CET on 12 December 2022.
a. Attendance in the auction room Unacquainted customers who have not already registered must provide a valid identity document. b. Telephone bidding You can place your bids during the auction by telephone, with the assistance of one of our operators. In order to take part in the telephone bidding, you must make a reservation by by 8:00 am CET on 12 December 2022, specifying the lots you wish to bid for and your telephone number. Customers who have booked this way will be called at the number they have indicated a few lots before those for which they have expressed interest. A telephone bid reservation has the value of a written absentee bid at the starting price as indicated in the catalogue. (to book your phone bidding: fill out the appropriate form Further info: +39 32609795 firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com)
c. Live participation via our website or our partner portals You can place your bids during the auction by logging on to our website www.bertolamifineart.com or on the following partner portals:
d. Written absentee bid You can submit your bids in writing by filling out the appropriate form, or by means of an e-mail, or a letter. Written absentee bids may be sent by e-mail /firstname.lastname@example.org – email@example.com, by post, or must be delivered to our headquarters in Piazza Lovatelli, 1 – 00186 Roma. All offers must be received by Bertolami Fine Art no later than 8:00 am CET on 12 December 2022. Written absentee bid shall authorize the auctioneer to make offers on behalf of the signatory.
3. Auction pre-bids As from the date of publication of the online catalogue until 8:00 am CET on 12 December 2022 it will be possible to:
a. start placing bids on our website www.bertolamifineart.com, or on the partner portals as listed in point c of paragraph 1; b. book a phone bidding as described in point b of paragraph 1 c. submit written absentee bids as described in point d of paragraph 1.
In the event of: a. One single auction pre-bid on a lot In the absence of bids during the auction, the lot will be awarded at the starting bid even if the sole bid received is higher (the amount of the pre-auction bid indicates the maximum bid the bidder is willing to place. Example: Starting bid € 1,000 – Single pre-sale bid € 1,500 – Award at € 1,000
b. Multiple auction pre-bids of the same amount on the same lot If no bids are raised during the auction, the lot will be awarded to the earlier bidder. c. Multiple auction pre-bids of different amounts on the same lot If there are no bids during the auction, the lot will be awarded to the highest bidder. The hammer price is calculated by adding to the amount of the next lowest bid an increment set out in the table below. Example: customer A bid € 1,270 - customer B bid € 1,800. Customer B does not win at the award price of € 1,800 but at € 1,370. In other words, the automatic increase of € 100 provided for in the table is applied to the amount of the next lowest bid when the bids are within the € 1,000-1,999 bracket.
4. Payment methods The purchasers of the winning lots will be able to choose between the following payment options: a bank cheque or a non-transferable cashier’s cheque made payable to Bertolami Fine Arts s.r.l. (in the event of payment by foreign cheque, please add € 10 to the invoiced amount); credit card (Visa, MasterCard, and American Express); Paypal Bank transfer payable to Bertolami Fine Arts S.r.l. to: BPER Banca - Agenzia 28 - IBAN: IT18R0538705006000035185964 - SWIFT/BIC BPMOIT22XX
BANCO DESIO - IBAN: IT58J0344003209000000192600 - SWIFT/BIC BPSPIT31XXX (in case of payment by non-European bank transfer, please add € 10 to the invoiced amount)
Please note: Invoices paid by cheque, cash or bank transfer are exempt from the 3.5% administration fee.
5. Auction fees The purchaser shall pay Bertolami Fine Art an auction fee equal to 27% of the hammer price of each lot. An additional commission shall be applied to lots purchased via online participation on our website www.bertolamifineart.com, which is calculated as follows:
www.bertolamifineart.com +1,5% of the hammer price Bidspirit +1,5 % of the hammer price Drouot +3% of the hammer price Invaluable +5% of the hammer price Liveauctioneers +5% of the hammer price OneBid +1,5% of the hammer price
6. Additional costs Shipping costs, additional customs duties, as well as costs related to the procedure for the release of the certificate of Free Movement or of any prior ministerial authorization required for the export of the awarded lots, are to be borne by the buyer. In the event that, due to unjustified complaints, the goods should be returned to Bertolami Fine Art, the customs duties and shipping costs shall be incurred by the customer.
7. Issuance of the certificate of Free Movement or of any other ministerial authorization required for the exportation of the awarded goods The delivery of lots outside the Italian borders may be subject to the provisions set out in the Codice dei Beni Culturali (Dlgs. 42/2004 e ss.mm.ii.) concerning the export of goods of cultural interest. Therefore, in the event that the acquired property has characteristics such as requiring any form of ministerial authorization for its definitive exit from the territory of the Italian Republic, the timeframe required to issue such authorization will be regulated by the Office for the Export of Antiquities and Works of Art of the Ministry of Culture. The time average is estimated at 60-90 days from the day the procedure for the issuance of a Certificate of Free Movement is initiated (art. 68 of the Cultural Heritage and Landscape Code) and 30 days for a Self-Certification. Bertolami Fine Art declines any responsibility for any delay. The procedure will be initiated only upon payment of the goods and with the purchaser’s explicit authorization. 8. Conditions of Sale The conditions of sale that govern the relationship between Bertolami Fine Art and the customers taking part in our auctions are displayed in each catalogue. As these conditions are automatically accepted from the moment you participate in the auction, please read them carefully. In the event of a discrepancy between the conditions of sale published in the printed catalogue and the version that appears in the online catalogue, the online version shall prevail. 9. Publication of auction results The winning bids list will be published by Bertolami Fine Art on the website www.bertolamifineart.com, for information purposes only, within ten days of the closing date.
To make this site work properly, we sometimes install small data files called "cookies " on your device. Most of the big sites do the same.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that websites save on your computer or mobile device while you visit them. Thanks to cookies, the site remembers your actions and preferences (for example login, language, font size and other display settings) so that you do not have to re-enter them when you return to the site or browse from one page to another.
Third party cookies
This site uses Google Analytics to collect information about the use of users of its website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information through cookies, stored on users' computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to make reports on the use of websites. Googl
The necessary cookies help to make the website usable by enabling basic functions such as page navigation and access to protected areas of the site. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Used to store visitor-level custom variable data. This cookie is created when a developer uses the _setCustomVar method with a visitor level custom variable. This cookie was also used for the deprecated _setVar method. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics.
Preference technical cookies allow a website to remember information that affects the way the site behaves or presents itself, such as your preferred language or the region you are in.
Profiling cookies are used for marketing purposes, to monitor website visitors. The intent is to display relevant and engaging ads for the individual user.
Facebook Pixel, targeting and advertising cookie. This cookie allows us to show our advertising to people who have already visited our website, when they are on Facebook or on a digital platform supported by Facebook Advertising.
Unclassified cookies are cookies that are being classified, together with individual cookie providers.